Monday, June 07, 2010

Did Ex-wife Shannon Kill Gary Coleman?



Sounding defensive, Shannon Price, actor Gary Coleman's ex-wife fuels the suspicion that she may have contributed to Gary's recent death. Adding to that is their rocky relationship and possibly Gary's estate. However, that estate may not be worth much at all. Over the course of his Diff'rent Strokes career, Coleman earned roughly $18 million. Coleman's parents set up a trust fund for the money, but wrote themselves into the agreement as paid employees. When the court dissolved the trust, his parents' share was said to be worth only $770,000, while Coleman himself reportedly saw only $220,000. Coleman successfully sued his parents and managers, but for nowhere near the amount he had earned during the course of the show; reports of the settlement ranged from $1.8 to $3.8 million. Unless Gary was careful with that money there truely may be little in the bank. As this plays out, time will show if Shannon had any involvement in Gary Coleman's passing.

Gary Coleman’s ex-wife said on “Good Morning America” Monday that she would take her own life before ever harming him and that the couple had actually been planning to renew their wedding vows until health issues intervened.

Shannon Price, who arrived for the interview in a wheelchair, also described the moments leading up to the fall that eventually resulted in Coleman’s death.

"I asked him if he could make me some food," she told the ABC show. "He went down there (to the kitchen) and I heard this big smack. I went down there and found him in a pool of blood.

"People can say whatever they want. I know the truth," she said. "I would never hurt my husband, ever."

Price and the former child star, who died May 26 of an intracranial hemorrhage, married in 2007 when she was 22 and he was 40. They divorced in 2008 but she said they planned to remarry.

"We decided that (divorce) wasn't what we wanted,” she told GMA. “We just had a disagreement. After we filed and it went through we decided that wasn't the right choice."

Health issues delayed their vow renewals, she said, adding, "I have had a lot of health issues. I have seizures, I have anxiety. I miss my husband a lot. I can barely get around. It's been a trial."

Coleman had a lifelong history of health problems, including congenital kidney disease that resulted in two kidney transplants, and heart surgery complicated by pneumonia last fall.

"We discussed death a few times and he always said he would be very unfair if he left me and I really respect that," Price told GMA, "because I loved him and he loved me and we just can't live without each other."

For the latest news and events get our free XML feed.Just click the little guy below.Digg This Story? ClickPost your comments at the link below.

No comments: